The 9th International Day of Yoga themed “Yoga for Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam” was celebrated by JSS Institute of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences with the support from Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India, Central Council for Research in Yoga and Naturopathy, New Delhi, National Institute of Naturopathy, Pune, and Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga, Delhi.
9th International Day of Yoga, 2023 activities conducted by JSS Institute of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
Activities done prior to 9th International Day of Yoga, 2023 from 1st June 2023 onwards:
• From June 1st countdown posters regarding animal yoga postures, Patanjali Yoga Sutra, and one minute Yoga awareness talk by BNYS doctors were updated in all social media
platforms of the institute with the hashtags provided and used by the Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India.
• Two competitions on pencil sketch and essay competition were conducted at the college for all the students with 156 participants.
• Free online Yoga class were conducted for general public with 22 participants for nine days from 19th to 21st June.
• Practical application of Mitahara- The Yogic diet for all the staffs and students are provided from 19th to 27th June – for nine days.
• Yoga awareness camp was organized at Power Grid station, Coimbatore, Primary Health
Center, Thirumalayampalayam, focusing on ante-natal care department population, and WEWINO group of company, Coimbatore was done with activities including Yoga awareness talks and Yoga demonstrations.
Activities done on 21st June 2023:
• Yoga awareness camp was organized at 10 venues consisting various educations institutions, to Government employees, private companies, Schools in which camp activities include practicing Common Yoga Protocol and Yoga awareness health talks.
• Common Yoga Protocol was practiced by all students, staff and health seekers of the institute.
• Health talk and laughing therapy for in-patients of JSS Nature Cure and Yoga Hospital was conducted.
• Yoga Nidra for all housekeeping staff of the institute was conducted.
• To experience the break free from regular long sitting lecture sessions, individual Yoga competitions were conducted for all the students with more than 130 participants.