- About Us
- Department of Naturopathy
- Department of Yoga
- Department of Hydrotherapy & Claytherapy, Chromotherapy & Magnetotherapy
- Department of Modern Diagnosis & Naturopathy Diagnosis
- Department of Nutrition & Herbology, Fasting & Dietitics
- Department of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology, Pharmacology
- Department of Manipulative Therapy
- Department of Acupunture & Physiotherapy
- Department of Emergency Medicine & Minor Surgery, Hospital Management, Psychology
- Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Department of Naturopathy
- Campus Facilities
- Life @ JSSINYS
- News & Updates
Department of Emergency Medicine & Minor Surgery, Hospital Management, Psychology
Department of Emergency Medicine & Minor Surgery
The course is designed to introduce students to the principles of acute care medicine, Basic principles of surgery, emergency medicine and first aid. Students will learn to conduct thorough but directed histories and physicals in conjunction with procedural skills. The students are trained to carry out basic life support, assess life threatening situations, prioritize causalities and safely evacuate casualities. The students are exposed to general medical practice, both in the community and in hospital during the course curriculum.
- Perform, record, present, and discuss in detail skills of history taking of common surgical diseases.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the symptoms and signs of common surgical diseases.
- Demonstrate appropriate skills to conduct comprehensive clinical examination of surgical patients.
- Demonstrate the appropriate ways to identify physical signs of common surgical diseases.
- Formulate a reasonable differential diagnosis of surgical problems based on history and physical examination.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of common and urgent surgical problems.
- Learn the basic approach to patients who present with chest pain, respiratory distress, pain.
- Learn the principles of basic wound management and evaluation of orthopedic injuries
- Learn the basic principles of management of trauma patients
- Learn the basic principles of environmental injury (heat related illness and hypothermia)
- Learn the basic principles of management of poisonings and overdoses
- Know the limits of basic first aid
Department of Hospital Management
The course is designed to develop graduates with good conceptual knowledge, Managerial skills and practical training in various functional areas in a Hospital. The course introduces the student to healthcare organizations and organizational management concepts. The course provides an overview of the management role, organizational theory, management economics, and theory and practice of systemic organizational change within overall strategic management and systemic contexts.
- Hospital Planning
- Designing & Facility Management
- Hospital & Health Information System
- Management Of OPD, Emergency & Other Support Services
- Nutrition Management & Dietary Services
- Health Insurance, Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Hospital Waste Management Operations Research
- Research Methodology & Its Techniques
- Quality Assurance In Hospitals & Healthcare Organizations
- Regulations In Hospitals & Healthcare
- Analyse the management and development issues faced by hospital managers
- Review and evaluate services using concepts of organisation and structure, methods of planning and managing resources
- Compare national and international health policy and management issues
- Analyse and develop hospital service policies in the relevant local and national context
- Understand the principles of good governance and professional ethics
Department of Psychology
Psychology is an introduction to the scientific study of human behavior and mental processes.
The course introduces the major theories, methods, and findings of modern psychology to the students. Topics include: research methods, biological psychology, sensation & perception, learning, memory, cognition & language, intelligence, development, personality, abnormal behavior, treatment, and social psychology.
By the end of the course the students will understand,
- How a psychological perspective provides insight into human behaviors;
- The important concepts, theoretical perspectives, research methods, and research findings in psychology; and be able to think critically about topics in psychology.